Restorative Justice Conference hosted by Peace and Conflict Studies

Rachel Reist rreist at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 29 09:22:17 EST 2017

[cid:image001.png at 01D368F3.8B05C870]

We are pleased to invite your students to attend our upcoming Restorative Justice: History, Meaning and Practice Conference.

In celebration of the 40th anniversary of Peace and Conflict Studies (PACS) at Conrad Grebel University College, we are proud and excited to be hosting the Intercollegiate Peace Fellowship (ICPF) Conference from February 9-11, 2018. The three day conference will explore the meaning, history and practice of restorative justice by discussing different approaches, its use in different cultural contexts, the teaching of restorative justice principles, and how alumni from the PACS program are engaged in this important work.

The conference will include a number of speakers, most of whom are part of the extended Grebel community to host a variety of workshops. While the talent for the conference is locally obtained from Waterloo, conference participants will be students and faculty members invited from schools all over Canada and the U.S.

Our goal this year is to capture the interests of students beyond the PACS community. We have attached our poster, in hopes of spreading word of the conference by having UW faculty members post it on LEARN and in their course PowerPoints. We are also happy to mail hard-copies of our poster upon request.

If you are looking for more information or interested in attending, please check out our ICPF Conference website<https://uwaterloo.ca/peace-conflict-studies/conrad-grebel-icpf> which also links to our registration form<https://secure.grebel.ca/residence/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=45>. The early bird deadline for the conference is on December 8, 2017 while the final registration deadline is on January 12, 2018. We look forward to your participation this February!

Warm regards,
Rachel

Rachel Reist
Undergraduate Academic and Administrative Officer & Internship Coordinator
Peace and Conflict Studies
Conrad Grebel University College - University of Waterloo
140 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G6
519-885-0220 ext. 24269
CGC 2103B
rreist at uwaterloo.ca

[grebel_signature_logo]

uwaterloo.ca/pacs

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy the original message.