Elizabeth Greene reads at St Jerome's! Friday 20 Oct., 4:30pm

Tristanne Connolly tristanne.connolly at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 17 10:34:14 EDT 2017

We're delighted to welcome Elizabeth Greene for our first reading in our 2017-18 series on the theme of Languages of Home.

Please join us at 4:30pm this Friday, 20 October, in SJ1 3027.

Elizabeth Greene has published three books of poetry, The Iron Shoes, Moving, and Understories, the last two with Inanna Press. She edited and contributed to We Who Can Fly: Poems, Essays and Memories in Honour of Adele Wiseman (Cormorant, 1997), which won the Betty and Morris Aaron Prize for Best Canadian Scholarship (Jewish Book Awards). She has published poetry in journals, including The Antigonish Review, FreeFall, The Literary Review of Canada and anthologies, including Shy: An Anthology; Poet to Poet Anthology; Where the Nights are Twice as Long. Three of her poems were included in the inaugural issue of Juniper: an online poetry journal this past summer. Her poems were short-listed for the Descant/Winston Collins Prize (2011, 2013).

Her novel, A Season Among Psychics, is forthcoming from Inanna next spring; her selection of Adele Wiseman's poetry, The Dowager Empress and Other Poems, will appear from Inanna in 2019.

In an earlier incarnation she taught English at Queen's University, where she was instrumental in introducing Creative Writing to the Department and was one of the founders of Women's Studies. She lives in Kingston.

Please visit The Reading Series at St Jerome's at http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca<http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca/>

We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, which last year invested $153 million to bring the arts to Canadians throughout the country.
Nous remercions le Conseil des arts du Canada de son soutien. L'an dernier, le Conseil  a investi 153 millions de dollars pour mettre de l'art dans la vie des Canadiennes et des Canadiens de tout le pays.