New Issue of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies (Vol. 7 No. 3)

dolmage dolmage at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 30 09:34:56 EST 2018

New Issue of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies!

http://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/view/24

Please read and please share!

Thanks as always to Reviews Editor Dr. Tobin Haley and Social Media Editor Jeffrey Preston.  Huge thanks to accessibility partner Accessibil-IT (http://accessibilit.com) and to Gerard Salisi and Graham Faulkner for their work creating the most accessible PDF and HTML files possible.

ARTICLES
“Ich Bin Ein Schauspieler”: Making Crip Performance in Toronto with Theater HORA’s Disabled Theater
Stephen Fernandez
1-30

Disability and the Use of Support by Immigrants and Canadian Born Population in Canada
Stine Hansen, K. Bruce Newbold, Robert Wilton
31-51

Novel Conversations: Connecting With Disability in Three Examples of Popular Fiction
Joanna Rankin
52-88

Stereotyping and Stigmatising Disability: A Content Analysis of Canadian Print News Media About Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
John Aspler, Natalie Zizzo, Eric Racine
89-121

"From the darkness to the light": Memoirs of Blind Canadian veterans of the First and Second World Wars
Corinne Doria
122-144

REVIEWS
Review of "The Fantasy of Disability: Images of Loss in Popular Culture"
Mikhel Hudrlik
145-151

Review of "Innovations in Deaf Studies: The Role of Deaf Scholars"
Kristin Snoddon
151-156

Review of "Rethinking Disability Theory and Practice: Challenging Essentialism"
W. John Williamson
156-161

Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
Editor, Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Associate Professor of English
University of Waterloo
Department of English
224 Hagey Hall of Humanities Building
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Tel: 519 888 4567 x31035
Fax: 519 746 5788
dolmage at uwaterloo.ca

If you have an accommodation need for a planned meeting, please e-mail me directly and I will do my best to make appropriate arrangements.  Should you require any materials sent via this e-mail address in an alternate/accessible format, please let me know.

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of ‎ the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River. In my teaching and research, I am committed to recognizing and respecting this territory.