W3 Represents: A Research Symposium

Kim H Nguyen kim.h.nguyen at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Oct 5 10:46:59 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Please circulate widely the call for proposals below. Apologies in advance for cross-posting.

Thanks in advance,
Kim

**
W3 REPRESENTS: A Research Symposium
February 20, 2019
CALL FOR PROPOSALS

W3: Waterloo Women Wednesdays invites all women-identified and non-binary graduate students, faculty, and postdoctoral researchers at all faculties at the University of Waterloo to present at our first ever W3 REPRESENTS: A Research Symposium on February 20, 2019. This symposium aims to provide an opportunity for women-identified and non-binary scholars to present on campus without the monetary and time commitments of conference travel. We encourage research proposals, panel ideas, and creative presentations from all fields and disciplines at the University of Waterloo.

In this spirit, we accept a 300-word abstract describing your project and why and how this venue might facilitate the presentation of your work. Since this symposium is inclusive of all women-identified and non-binary people at University of Waterloo, all women-identified and non-binary people at University of Waterloo are eligible to apply, and the research need not be focused on gender and sexuality. Previous presenters to W3 are encouraged to apply.

HOW TO APPLY: Send your 300-word abstract to https://goo.gl/forms/2nkXk4XKqojAVobl1. Submissions due November 30, 2018.

ABOUT W3:
W3 is a monthly gathering of woman-identified and non-binary graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, staff, and faculty. Typically held on the last Wednesday of each month, W3 offers a safe space to discuss issues, provides a place to present university research, and raises awareness about gender and sexuality at the university both as a workplace and as a place for intellectual engagement.

For additional information, contact Kim Hong Nguyen, Assistant Professor of Communication Arts, ML 236A, kim.h.nguyen at uwaterloo.ca
**
--
Kim Hong Nguyen, Ph.D.<https://uwaterloo.ca/drama-speech-communication/people-profiles/kim-nguyen> (she/her, they/them)
Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Arts

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.