Reconciliation Book Club

Shannon Dea sjdea at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Aug 6 15:48:14 EDT 2019

Dear colleagues,

I am delighted to announce that University of Waterloo's new program in Gender and Social Justice is partnering  with Words Worth Books to host a local monthly meet-up of Professor Pam Palmater's Reconciliation Book Club (https://www.thestar.com/halifax/2019/07/13/meet-the-mikmaw-lawyer-who-hopes-her-national-book-club-helps-turn-the-page-toward-reconciliation.html).

We'll meet first Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. at Words Worth Books to discuss the latest book in the series. At our inaugural Sept. 4 meeting, we'll discuss Karen Stote's An Act of Genocide: Colonialism and the Sterilization of Aboriginal Women (Fernwood, 2015). Professor Stote will join us for the discussion. All are welcome.

I am attaching a flyer for the book club (in two formats). Please help us spread the word by forwarding this email or by posting the flyer in your area.

Kind regards,

Dr. Shannon Dea (she/her, they/them)
Professor, Department of Philosophy
Vice-President, Faculty Association of University of Waterloo (FAUW)

University of Waterloo
200 University Ave. W.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1
(519) 888-4567 (ext. 32778)

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishnaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, land promised to Six Nations, which includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.