COURSE: RS 216 Islam

Carry Derome cderome at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Dec 20 12:11:57 EST 2019

Good morning students,

Looking for a great elective for winter 2020? Take RS 216 Islam!

This course is perfect for Studies in Islam minors, Religious Studies majors and minors, and students interested in history, culture, religion, spirituality, philosophy, law, media, pop culture, film, politics, gender, activism, and multiculturalism. This course will feature documentary films and guest speakers who will share their experiences.

RS 216 Islam

This course provides an introduction to the Islamic faith and practice, with a review of the development, achievements, and impact of the Muslim community from Muhammad the Prophet to the present day.

When: Mondays and Wednesdays 10 - 11:20 am
Where: AL 210
Instructor: Doaa Shalabi

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5B72E.AB3DA460]
Best,

Carry Derome (she/her)
Department Administrative Manager
Graduate & Undergraduate Coordinator
Religious Studies
University of Waterloo
cderome at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:cderome at uwaterloo.ca>
519-888-4567 x 33497
PAS 1055

Follow Religious Studies on social media!
Twitter<https://twitter.com/UWaterlooRS>  |  Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/uwaterloors/>  |  Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/UWaterlooReligiousStudies/>

Students: please always include your UWaterloo ID # in your emails.

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron (also known as Neutral), Anishnaabe, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract<http://www.sixnations.ca/LandsResources/HaldProc.htm>, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.