New Issue of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies (Vol. 8 No. 3)

dolmage dolmage at uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 31 08:40:14 EDT 2019

The newest issue of the CJDS is now live — please share widely!

https://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/view/27

Thanks as always to Reviews Editor Tobin Haley, to our accessibility partner AbleDocs (www.abledocs.com), and to Gerard Salisi, Graham Faulkner and Jordan Hale at the University of Waterloo.

ARTICLES

Affective value and the significance of understanding disabled youth’s intensification of affects
Sarah Reddington

Comparing integration and inclusion between Canadians and Americans with disabilities: Evidence from national surveys of time use
Clarke Wilson, Mary Ann McColl

(Re)Discovering Story and Voice: The Adaptive Community Theatre Project
Elizabeth Brendel Horn, Belinda C. Boyd, Megan Shero

Shifting neurotypical prevalence in knowledge production about the mentally diverse: A qualitative study exploring factors potentially influencing a greater presence of lived experience-led research
Damian Mellifont

Mapping Ableism: A Two-Dimensional Model of Explicit and Implicit Disability Attitudes
Carli Friedman

Inclusion and accessibility in STEM education: Navigating the duty to accommodate and disability rights
Dipesh Prema, Ruby Dhand

REVIEWS

Review of Eli Clare, Brilliant Imperfection: Grappling with Cure (2017)
Viki Peer

Review of David James Savarese (Producer) & Robert Rooy (Director, Producer), Deej (2017)
Rua M. Williams

Review of Meryl Alper, Giving Voice: Mobile Communication, Disability, and Inequality (2017)
Chelsea Temple Jones

CREATIVE WORKS

In the Yellow Margins: A Tribute for Professor Mosoff
Jonas-Sébastien Beaudry

Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
(my pronouns: he/him/his)
Editor, Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Professor of English
Associate Chair of English, UCOI
University of Waterloo
Department of English
224 Hagey Hall of Humanities Building
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Tel: 519 888 4567 x31035
Fax: 519 746 5788
dolmage at uwaterloo.ca

If you have an accommodation need for a planned meeting, please e-mail me directly and I will do my best to make appropriate arrangements.  Should you require any materials sent via this e-mail address in an alternate/accessible format, please let me know.

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of ‎ the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River. In my teaching and research, I am committed to recognizing and respecting this territory.