New Issue of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies (Vol. 8 No. 5)

Jay Dolmage dolmage at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 30 14:53:50 EDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

The newest issue of the CJDS is now live — please share widely!

https://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/view/29

Thanks as always to Reviews Editor Tobin Haley, to our new Knowledge Mobilization Editor Danielle Lorenz, our new Alternative Formats Editor Sarah Smith, our new Accessibility Editor Sonny Dhoot, as well as Graham Faulkner and Jordan Hale at the University of Waterloo.

COMMENTARY
Knowledge Translation from Disability Studies to Policy Makers: Literature Review and Expert Consultation
Mary Ann McColl, Aryeh Gitterman, Dan Goldowitz

ARTICLES
Policy or Pathologization?: Questions into the Rhetoric of Inclusion and Acceptance in Schools
Jillian Stagg

Disability Orientation and Regulatory Focus in the Assistive Technology Context: A Study of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Consumers
Michael Janger

Critical Reflections on the Process of Developing a Resource Manual for Service Providers Working with Immigrants & Refugees with Disabilities
Kaltrina Kusari, Yahya El-Lahib, Natalie Spagnuolo

Our Madness is Invisible: Notes on Being Privileged (Non)Disabled Researchers
Matthew S. Johnston, Matthew D. Sanscartier

Protests of People with Disabilities as Examples of Fledgling Disability Activism in Poland
Pawel Kubicki

REVIEWS
Review of Unspoken (2017)
Rua M. Williams

Review of Burghardt, Madeline (2018), Broken: Institutions, Families, and the Construction of Intellectual Disability
Chelsea Temple Jones

Jay

Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
(my pronouns: he/him/his)
Editor, Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Chair, Equity Committee of the Faculty Association of the University of Waterloo
Professor of English
Associate Chair of English, UCOI
University of Waterloo
Department of English
224 Hagey Hall of Humanities Building
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Tel: 519 888 4567 x31035
Fax: 519 746 5788
dolmage at uwaterloo.ca

If you have an accommodation need for a planned meeting, please e-mail me directly and I will do my best to make appropriate arrangements.  Should you require any materials sent via this e-mail address in an alternate/accessible format, please let me know.

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of ‎ the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River. In my teaching and research, I am committed to recognizing and respecting this territory.