W3 January 29 with Aynur Kadir and Kimberly Lopez

Kim Nguyen kim.h.nguyen at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 14 11:17:12 EST 2020

Dear women-identified and non-binary colleagues in Arts,

Our Arts colleague and new faculty member, Aynur Kadir, and Kimberly Lopez in AHS will be presenting at Waterloo Women’s Wednesdays on January 29 12-1 in NH 3308. W3 cordially invites you to the talk and to have lunch with us—thanks to the Dean of Arts, and Depts of Rec and Leisure and CommArts. Details below. –KHN

[/var/folders/6z/skzyw_3x33ngmx6zr51ngr7c0000gp/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage001.png at 01D5C6D5.E656F590]

One of the purposes of Waterloo Women's Wednesdays is to provide a friendly environment in which women and nonbinary researchers can share their work with a supportive audience. We have a few research talks scheduled for this term, and we hope you'll come out and support the speakers!

This month's W3 session (January 29, 12–1 p.m. in NH 3308) features two faculty members whose research explores the use of digital storytelling by marginalized groups:

  *   Kimberly Lopez – “We are not a machine”: Hearing Embodied Stories of Care to Support Sustainable Caring Work
  *   Aynur Kadir – Collaborative Indigenous Media: Participatory design for Indigenous Art and Cultural Heritage

Read the abstracts and speaker bios here<https://uwaterloo.ca/events/events/waterloo-womens-wednesdays-community-based-digital>. This W3 session is sponsored by the Faculty of Arts and departments of Recreation & Leisure and Communication Arts. Lunch from Café Pyrus will be provided. We’ll be collecting donations for The Period Purse<https://www.theperiodpurse.com/donate-items.html> at every session this term.

--
Kim Hong Nguyen, Ph.D.<https://uwaterloo.ca/drama-speech-communication/people-profiles/kim-nguyen> (she/her, they/them)
Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Arts

I acknowledge that I live, work, and play on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.