Were you Silent or Were you Silenced? Zoom performance

Janelle Rainville jrainville at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 12 09:48:07 EDT 2021

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D72F80.EF663050]Join THPERF 301 students in their performance of "Were You Silent or Were You Silenced?" a forum theatre production this Tuesday, April 13 at 3:30PM EST.

This interactive performance is a form of Theatre of the Oppressed from Augusto Boal, a theatre practitioner and political activist. The performance will work to empower spectators to change the situation of oppression seen on stage and become "Spect-Actors" by offering possible solutions.

Created with the help of Dr. Amir Al-Azraki and Kimberlee Walker, this specific production is inspired by a conversation we had during class that centred around sexism, racism, and our own complicity in oppression.

We hope you will join and Watch, Think, and Create with us. To register to attend, please contact Jennifer Roberts-Smith at jennifer.roberts-smith at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:jennifer.roberts-smith at uwaterloo.ca>

Image Citation:  Maji, Zeziro. 2021. "The Ultimate ADD Accommodation: Ending the Systemic Oppression That Leaves Me Unbelieved, Untrusted, Unsupported." ADDitute Magazine. January 25, 2021. https://www.additudemag.com/systemic-oppression-adhd/