New Issue of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies (Vol. 10 No. 1)

Jay Dolmage dolmage at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 4 16:57:59 EST 2021

The newest issue of the CJDS is now live — please share widely!
https://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/view/36

Thanks as always to Reviews Editor Tobin Haley, to our Knowledge Mobilization Editor Danielle Lorenz, Associate Editor Mary-Ann McColl, our Alternative Formats Editor Sarah Smith, as well as Graham Faulkner and Jordan Hale at the University of Waterloo. Big thanks to our new Francophone Editor Maria Fernanda Arentsen and Translator Marie-Eve Veilleux.

Vol. 10 No. 1 (2021)

ARTICLES
Ritualizing Madness: Case Files as Sites of Enforced Performativity, 1894-1950
Kira A. Smith

Coming to Critical Disability Studies: Critical Reflections on Disability in Health and Social Work Professions
Madeline Burghardt, Tracy Edelist, Ann Fudge Schormans, Karen Yoshida

Cyborgs and Fox Wives
Interrogating Sign Language Ideologies and Moving Toward Survival, Resistance and Resilience
Joanne Weber

Annetta T. Mills and the Origin of Deaf Education in China
Shu Wan

The determinants of the relationship between parents with physical disabilities and perinatal services: a scoping review
Coralie Mercerat, Thomas Saïas

Social Inclusion in Group Homes: Determining Facilitators and Barriers to Inclusion for People with Intellectual Disabilities
Erin Rodenburg, Adrianna Decorso, Deep Khosa, Andrew Taylor, Jennifer McWhirter, Andrew Papadopoulos

A New Materialisms Poetics of Touch: David Eastham’s Understand: 50 Memowriter Poems
Shane Neilson

The Influence of Accessibility on Perceptions of People with Disabilities
Julia K. Soetemans, Lynne M. Jackson

PRÉCIS
Disability and Contractual Expectations
Jonas-Sébastien Beaudry

TRANSLATION
Le handicap comme concept colonial : le discours manquant de la culture dans les conceptualisations des enfants autochtones handicapé·es
Nicole Ineese-Nash

REVIEWS
Review of "Deaf Politician: The Gary Malkowski Story" by Richard Medugno (2020)
Kristin Snoddon

Review of the Film "Love with Challenges" by D. Tyurin (Director, 2017)
Alina Poklad

COMMENTARY
Disservice to Society: A Transnational Analysis of the Canadian Hearing Services
Sammy Jo Johnson

Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
Editor, Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Professor of English
Associate Chair of English, UCOI
Chair, Equity Committee of the Faculty Association
University of Waterloo
Department of English
224 Hagey Hall of Humanities Building
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Tel: 519 888 4567 x31035
Fax: 519 746 5788
dolmage at uwaterloo.ca

If you have an accommodation need for a planned meeting, please e-mail me directly and I will do my best to make appropriate arrangements.  Should you require any materials sent via this e-mail address in an alternate/accessible format, please let me know.

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of ‎ the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River. In my teaching and research, I am committed to recognizing and respecting this territory, and supporting land protectors.