LAST CALL: CFP for our W4 event due TODAY

Kim Nguyen kim.h.nguyen at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 15 15:11:42 EDT 2021

Proposals due today!!!

Sent while telecommuting

On Mar 2, 2021, at 4:48 PM, Kim Nguyen <kim.h.nguyen at uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

Arts colleagues,

Information about W3+’s main event for 2021: W4 is below. Proposals due Monday! –KHN

W4: W3+ Workshops
Wednesday, June 9
Call for Proposals due March 8

W4 calls for proposals for workshops and teach-ins that enable womxn and nonbinary people to share and pick up skills from other womxn and nonbinary people. We invite proposals for workshops that democratize knowledge and engage our membership to learn new ways of doing, thinking, and being. We hope for workshops that aim to build support for our members' personal and professional development and at the same time, a space from which growth can occur.

Teach-ins help people understand a contemporary topic without tuition cost or educational background. Do-it-yourself workshops help sustain people with practical knowledge and skills that can empower them for years to come.

W4 will be an online (or, depending on UW and provincial restrictions, hybrid/in-person) day-long event Wednesday June 9, filled with one-hour large-group workshops. We ask: What skills, what knowledge and experience do you wish your colleagues had, or wish to share with your colleagues?

Proposals should be mindful of our unique constituency of a diverse group of womxn and nonbinary colleagues who have a range of racial and class backgrounds, university positions, and different accessibility capacities. Proposals might be, but are not limited to:

- how to outstrategize patriarchy before it outstrategizes me
- how to do feminist accounting (or insert any field of study or profession)
- how to do makeup and other fashion techniques (inspired by trans beauty clinics, drag, and gender-neutral approaches)
- how to practice feminist and/or non-Western praxis or pedagogy
- how to cook an inexpensive vegan/vegetarian meal and other feminist/decolonial cooking practices
- how to be an ally or comrade to marginalized groups
- how to conduct feminist/decolonial research methodologies
- parenting strategies to create gender/racially-aware and sexually informed children

Proposals<https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=h1o6cprzIkqSRz_CQMATlvuMDvHliXZLqzEaIB4HmPFUNktHVURaSklHUDlLVURDQU5HUVBXNlRYVi4u> are due March 8. Submit a title, 250-500 word summary of the workshop, name(s) of presenters, budget costs (if any), and any scheduling requests/conflicts for June 9 to this link<https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=h1o6cprzIkqSRz_CQMATlvuMDvHliXZLqzEaIB4HmPFUNktHVURaSklHUDlLVURDQU5HUVBXNlRYVi4u>. W3+ intends to locate funding to cover limited budget costs for accepted proposals, but we appreciate no- or low-cost proposals.

Proposals will be anonymized and competitively selected by the W3+ community. Presenters will be notified of decisions by May 1.

Feel free to direct any queries to any member of the Planning Committee.