University of Waterloo MFA Thesis 2021: Jordan Blackburn

Jurakic, Ivan ijurakic at uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 13 09:12:38 EDT 2021

MFA Thesis 2021: Jordan Blackburn

Presented by University of Waterloo Fine Arts and UWAG

We invite you to explore the work of MFA candidate Jordan Blackburn from May 13-29

The exhibition is split between videos and text at the University of Waterloo Art Gallery, and site-specific works in Trois-Rivières, Quebec

Updated exhibition documentation will be posted online May 17

uwag.uwaterloo.ca/exhibition/in-places-rarely-seen/ <http://uwag.uwaterloo.ca/exhibition/in-places-rarely-seen/>

Now and Then, Jordan Blackburn, 2020

Jordan Blackburn
In Places Rarely Seen

In Places Rarely Scene is an interdisciplinary exhibition bringing together print installation, video, photography, sound and text. The exhibition considers my own shifting perception of what Nature is and how I relate to it as a man from a Québécois background. This shift is informed by my lived experience and practice based research which led me to questions of what it means to create ecologically focussed art, temporal investigations, inquiries into Indigenous ways of knowing Nature and land, as well as the similarities and differences between art and science.

Jordan Blackburn is a Franco-Albertan artist working in Trois-Rivières, QC, while pursuing an MFA degree with the University of Waterloo. Since completing a BFA in Interdisciplinary Fine Art at NSCAD University he has shown work both nationally and internationally, and has received a number of awards for his research around complex relationships between human beings and Nature, such as the Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship.

jordanblackburn.ca <http://jordanblackburn.ca/>

Please join us in celebrating the work of our MFA candidates during this time of transition

ADMIT EVERYONE
University of Waterloo Art Gallery
East Campus Hall, 263 Phillip Street, Waterloo
uwag.uwaterloo.ca <http://uwag.uwaterloo.ca/>
facebook.com/uwag.waterloo <http://facebook.com/uwag.waterloo>
instagram.com/uwartgallery <http://instagram.com/uwartgallery>

CONTACT
Ivan Jurakic, Director/Curator
ijurakic at uwaterloo.ca <mailto:ijurakic at uwaterloo.ca>

HOURS
Gallery is temporarily closed until further notice

MAILING
University of Waterloo Art Gallery
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3G1