Networked Feminisms Speaker Series starts Jan. 27

Elizabeth Rogers em2rogers at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 25 14:51:10 EST 2022

Shared on behalf of the Co-Directors of the Feminist Think Tank, a qCollaborative initiative.

Dear Colleagues,

We hope that you will join us for a series of feminist dialogues with the brilliant contributors of Networked Feminisms: Activist Assemblies and Digital Practices<https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781793613790/Networked-Feminisms-Activist-Assemblies-and-Digital-Practices> (Lexington Books, 2021)! These interdisciplinary conversations will focus on the relationship between digital technologies and intersectional feminist practices, community-building, and resistance.

We have three upcoming speaker sessions:

  1.  Session One on Conceptual Frameworks for Networked Feminisms with Tara L. Conley, Melissa Brown, and Helena Suárez Val will take place January 27, 2022, from 11:00am-12:30pm Eastern Time.
  2.  Session Two on Networked Digital Identities and Communities with Adan Jerreat-Poole, Ace J. Eckstein, and Elizabeth Nathanson will take place February 16, 2022, from 5:30pm-7:00pm Eastern Time.
  3.  Session Three on Digital Activism in Practice with Leandra H. Hernández, Radhika Gajjala, Sujatha Subramanian, and Angela Smith will take place March 14, 2022, from 2:00pm-3:30pm Eastern Time.

Register for the first session here, with links to the next sessions to follow: https://www.eventbrite.com/cc/networked-feminisms-speaker-series-88669

Please share the link with your circles!