Invitation for Inaugural Lecture in the Study of Palestine

Wendy Philpott wphilpott at uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 9 12:22:29 EDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

I’m pleased to invite faculty, staff and students to attend the Inaugural Lecture in the Study of Palestine<https://uwaterloo.ca/arts/events/inaugural-lecture-study-palestine-uwaterloo-series> on the evening of May 24, 2022, featuring guest speaker, Dr. Reem Bahdi, Dean of Windsor Law, the first Palestinian law professor in Canada.

Taking place on campus in Fed Hall, doors open at 6:00 PM and the evening will formally begin at 6:30 PM with a lecture by Dr. Bahdi entitled The Kindness of Strangers: Being Palestinian, Living the Law. For those who wish to stay, the lecture will be followed by a buffet dinner reception with a selection of traditional Palestinian food and a traditional folk dance by the Levant Dabke Group, sponsored by the Friends of the Foundation for Palestinian Studies.

Tickets are free of charge and available for the full in-person event, for the lecture only, or to view the lecture via live stream. Please visit the event page<https://uwaterloo.ca/arts/events/inaugural-lecture-study-palestine-uwaterloo-series> to learn more about our distinguished guest speaker and to register to attend in-person or online<https://uwaterloo.ca/arts/register-inaugural-lecture-study-palestine-may-24-2022>.

This new lecture series is part of an initiative based in the Faculty of Arts to build cultural, historical, and political understanding and insight on Palestinian issues and communities.

I hope you will join me along with many of our colleagues at this special event.

Douglas M. Peers
Acting Dean
Faculty of Arts

  *   Sent on behalf of Doug Peers