July 6: 2SLGBTQ+ faculty and staff summer social

Wendy Philpott wphilpott at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jun 20 09:42:57 EDT 2023

Dear all,

The Gender and Sexual Diversity Alliance are pleased to announce a social event for 2SLGBTQ+ faculty and staff<https://uwaterloo.ca/events/events/2slgbtq-faculty-and-staff-social> this summer term:

  *   Date and time: Thursday July 6, 2:00pm-3:30pm
  *   Location: Courtyard of the Matthews/Lyle Hallman Building
  *   RSVP<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfiUqpiPvtVHGWZ_3Zy3lOaGbY6pm6etDLNmCEZuIC5hlMP1w/viewform>

There will be coffee, tea, and soft drinks, and cookies and other treats. The event will be a drop-in event, so you don't have to show up at 2pm and stay for the whole time - show up when you can and stay for as long as you like! The event is open to all 2SLGBTQ+ faculty and staff, from across the university and colleges, including post-doctoral researchers. We are not currently inviting allies to this event - we hope to schedule such an event in the future.

The purpose of this event is to get folks together, given that we're relatively siloed in our different units, it can sometimes be hard to find one another and to find community across campus.

We are asking folks to RSVP in order just to get a sense of numbers for catering - RSVPing doesn't obligate you to join us, and please show up even if you haven't RSVPed!

We look forward to seeing you there — and please forward it to your networks too — it's sometimes hard to reach all corners of the university!

As a note about the space - the courtyard of the Matthews/Lyle Hallman Building is fairly visible (i.e., there are windows that look from the main building to the courtyard) and is outdoors. This will therefore not be a private space - if that's a concern for you, know that we do intend to plan events where visibility is less of an issue. We also have a make-up day scheduled for the following week in case of rain. Hopefully we won't have to use that, but we'll keep you posted.

Please let us know (via the RSVP link) if you have any questions!

Warmly,

The Gender and Sexual Diversity Alliance