Global Engagement Desmarais Family Summit

Douglas Peers dpeers at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 29 18:39:25 EDT 2023

Colleagues

Please join us at the annual Desmarais Family Summit<https://uwaterloo.ca/global-engagement-seminar/events/save-date-2023-desmarais-family-summit> on Wednesday April 5th where we will be celebrating the ingenuity and creativity of our student teams who have been tackling questions of sustainable and equitable access to energy. The summit is an interactive exhibition that gives our students the opportunity to share their insights and their research projects with the wider community. You can view footage from last year’s summit here<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QgfmLrtojg>. This is a public event featuring projects by our Global Engagement Seminar students and contributions from our six distinguished 2023 Jarislowsky Fellows<https://uwaterloo.ca/global-engagement-seminar/about/fellows>.

We will be starting with a fire ceremony at 19:00 at United College’s Ceremonial Firegrounds, and then proceed to Alumni Hall at United College to hear from our keynote speaker, Catherine Abreu, Founder and Executive Director of Destination Zero. This will be followed by the student presentations. Refreshments will be served.

Hope to see you there!

Doug Peers

Douglas Peers, PhD FRHistS
Professor of History

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of
the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabe, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The
University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, land promised to
the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.