Psychology Colloquium November 3rd- Dr. Zindel Segal

Nicholas Fuller nfuller at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 26 09:30:56 EDT 2023

Good morning,

The Department of Psychology is proud to be hosting Dr. Zindel Segal, for an exciting and informative talk on mindfulness based cognitive therapy, as a part of our 2023-2024 colloquium series. Segal combines mindfulness with conventional cognitive behavioral therapy<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy>, which teaches patients to develop a different relationship to sadness or unhappiness by observing without judgment. Presently he is Distinguished Professor of Psychology in Mood Disorders in the Department of Psychology at the University of Toronto Scarborough<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Toronto_Scarborough>. He is also the Director of Clinical Training in the Graduate Department of Clinical Psychological Science.

Please see our flyer below for details (all are welcome)-

[cid:image001.png at 01DA07EF.1ECD9A60]

Nick Fuller
Administrative Assistant
Department of Psychology
519-888-4567 x 40757
UW Psychology<https://uwaterloo.ca/psychology/>
@UwaterlooPsych
[cid:image002.png at 01DA07EF.1ECD9A60]
I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabe and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.