Sept 29, Black Faculty Collective presents Things My Fore-Sisters Saw

Wendy Philpott wphilpott at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Sep 28 09:13:27 EDT 2023

Good morning!

Tomorrow, Friday, Sept. 29, the Black Faculty Collective in collaboration with the Black Studies Program presents the play, Things My Fore-Sisters Saw, featuring Leslie McCurdy.

In this one-woman performance you will meet four women of African Descent who affected change in Canada: Viola Desmond, Marie-Joseph Angelique, Rose Fortune, and Mary-Ann Shadd.

WHEN: Sept 29, 1 PM reception and refreshments; 1:30 PM performance; 2:30 PM Q & A
WHERE: Studio HH 180, Hagey Hall
FREE TICKETS: https://secure1.tixhub.com/waterloo/online/index.asp

This performance is Part 1 of the Black Feminist Solo Performance Series. Co-sponsors are FAUW, and the departments of Communication Arts and English.

  *   Sent on behalf of the Black Faculty Collective