Me and My Robot: What Changes When Robots are Everywhere

Arts Communications artscomm at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 2 12:30:00 EDT 2024

Please join tomorrow's Global Engagement 2024 Desmarias Family Summit<https://uwaterloo.ca/global-engagement-seminar/events/2024-desmarais-family-summit>, where students from multiple Waterloo faculties exhibit their interactive projects. Hear expert commentary from 2024 Jarislowsky Fellows<https://uwaterloo.ca/global-engagement-seminar/2024-jarislowsky-fellows>, Ryan Gariepy, Heather Woods, AJung Moon, Evan Ackerman and Kristen Thomasen.

WHEN: Wednesday, April 3, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
WHERE: Alumni Hall, United Collage - with ceremonial opening at UC's Ceremonial Fire Grounds at 6:30 p.m. weather permitting
PLEASE REGISTER<https://uwaterloo.ca/global-engagement-seminar/events/2024-desmarais-family-summit> — everyone is welcome!

About the 2024 Global Engagement Seminar, Me and My Robot
Students in Engineering, Arts, Heath, and Mathematics collaborated in interdisciplinary groups to look at not only the opportunities robots create, but also the challenges they pose, and considered how humanity can thrive with robots in our daily lives. In this collaborative environment, students were encouraged to embrace innovative problem-solving and take creative risks. Led by co-instructors Dr. Shana MacDonald (Communication Arts) and Dr. Brandon DeHart (Manager of the RoboHub, Faculty of Engineering) the class also benefited from the insights, experience, and guidance of six leading experts and practitioners in the field, the seminar’s Jarislowsky Fellows.