Professor Sofyan Taya Memorial Fund

Arts Communications artscomm at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 18 13:51:30 EDT 2024

Dear all,

UW Faculty4Palestine is in the process of establishing a memorial fund in honour of Professor Sofyan Taya, who was a visiting scholar here at UW in 2021. Professor Taya and his family lost their lives in an Israeli airstrike in December 2023. Today, the Israeli military has destroyed or damaged all 12 universities in the Gaza Strip by airstrikes or bombs.

In order to establish the fund*, we need to raise $20K. More information and how to contribute can be found through the link.

I hope that you will contribute to this fund in honour of our colleague.

The Professor Sofyan Taya Memorial Fund<https://imodules.uwaterloo.ca/s/1802/21/form.aspx?sid=1802&gid=2&pgid=3285&cid=8677&dids=1060&bledit=1&appealcode=25FSGEOLM>
imodules.uwaterloo.ca<https://imodules.uwaterloo.ca/s/1802/21/form.aspx?sid=1802&gid=2&pgid=3285&cid=8677&dids=1060&bledit=1&appealcode=25FSGEOLM>

*Memorial donations, contributed in memory of Sofyan Taya, will be held until such time as the family, working with the University, can determine the best way to honour Sofyan Taya based on the total contributions received.

Many, many thanks.

Kim Hong Nguyễn
Associate Professor
Communication Arts/Gender & Social Justice