[CTN] CTN Seminar: Yalda Mohsenzadeh (Western) Tuesday Nov 1 2:30

Bryan Tripp bptripp at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 31 15:25:19 EDT 2022

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder about the talk tomorrow (details below). Hope to see you there.

Graduate students are invited to a virtual lunchtime meeting (lunch optional) with the speaker from 12-1:00 at this link: https://uwaterloo.zoom.us/j/99479545276?pwd=cEVwOGVkS2ppY09ZNzBRVUNjajRjZz09

For graduate students who haven't met with speakers before, here are a few tips for a more effective meeting: 1) Spend at least 5-10 minutes beforehand looking into the speaker's research and allow time for a closer look at any of their work that is of particular interest or relevance to you. 2) Think in advance of at least one question to ask them (e.g., on their research or on career advice). 3) Be ready with a <1-minute explanation of your own research in case you are asked.

Regards,
Bryan

Bryan Tripp, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Systems Design Engineering
Core Member, Centre for Theoretical Neuroscience
University of Waterloo