ACTR Theory Discussion Group

Walter Cassidy cassidy at UHUNIX.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU
Fri Nov 4 14:54:30 EST 1994

Dear Jennifer Harvie,

         I wonder if any Asian theory text have been discussed?  Such at
Zeami's theatise on Noh Theatre, which is available in English. The
Natrasatra on Sanskrit Drama, which is considered the oldeest
dramaturgical text, which has been tranlated but out of print.  Mao's
theories on Art and Literature.  Pluse, there are many books and articles
looking Asian Theatre Theory, such as: Dr. James Brandon, Dr. Elizabeth
Wichmann, Kathy Folay, Collin Mackarus, Richard Zarrilli, Samual Lieter, etc.
        Has ACTR ever looked at these other theories?  As someone who has
formally studied all of these,  I asure you they have great importance on
how  we as westerners can learn from other countries on how they look at the
importance of dramatics and performance.
walter cassidy
University of Hawaii at Manoa.