Anthologies of Canadian Drama

Raymond Louter oedipus at EREWHON.UUCP
Mon Nov 28 15:12:00 EST 1994

I have tried to order the Perkyns anthology of Canadian Drama for my theatre
history course but it has gone out of print. What I like about the anthology
is that it brings plays older, historically significant plays together
with contemporary ones -- in other words it does well in a history course that
examines styles as well as substance. Does anyone know of a text that does
something similar? I would love to find a text that includes some of the oldest
works performed in Canada -- the goofy interludes and political plays of the
18th century and so on -- as well as contemp. works.

I am not a subscriber so I would appreciate direct e-mail.

Thank you folks.

Ray Louter

Raymond Louter
Theatre Arts Department
Redeemer College
777 Hwy. 53 East
Ancaster, Ontario
L9K 1J4

Phone: (905) 648-2131
FAX    (905) 648-2134
e-mail: oedipus%erewhon at maccs.DCSS.mcmaster.ca
or      oedipus%erewhon at uunet.ca