Guide to Theater Resources on the INTERNET

Kathy Chung kchung at EPAS.UTORONTO.CA
Mon Nov 28 22:05:59 EST 1994

To Andre Bourassa and Ann Nothof and and anyone on Candrama who would like
to know of other theatre related internet resources and mailing lists,
herewith some information:

(1) The source of the following information [points (2) onward] is the

        _Guide to Theater Resources on the INTERNET_

compiled by two wonderful students (or former students, I'm not sure) of
Information and Library Studies at U of Michigan: Deborah Torres and
Martha Vander Kolk.  This resource lists theatre related mailing lists,
electronic newsletters/journals, gopher resources, USENET Newsgroups,
Archieves, Serachable Databases, and fee-based communication services.
This guide is available through Gopher at the following URL (uniform
resources locator) address:

 gopher://una.hh.lib.umich.edu:70/00/inetdirsstacks/theater:torresmjvk

As is explained in the guide:

"The first part of the url before the colon tells the method of access [in
this case, gopher].  The part after the two slashes indicates a host
machine [una.hh.lib.umich.edu].  The next parts, separated by slashes,
tell you the path to the resource [70/00/inetdirsstacks/theater].  The
final part is the actual resource [a file named torresmjvk]."

Those of you familiar with retreiving files via Gopher or who know of
friends familiar with the procedure can download the entire file for
their own use.

To tempt you with what's available:

Some Mailing Lists of possible interest (be forewarned that you might get
more mail than you have bargained for!):

As with most mailing lists, the command to join the list is:

     sub <listname> <your name>

the command to leave the list is:

     signoff <listname>

(2) Asian Performing Arts