power tripping by list Moderator!

Ed Mullaly MULLALY at UNB.CA
Mon Aug 21 09:25:25 EDT 1995

Having an idle moment, as I sit here daily monitoring the keen intellectual
thrust and witty repartee characteristic of the CanDrama discussion group, I
have attempted to 'clean up' our mailing list somewhat.  To this end, I have
begun a modest purge of nefarious names and abstract addresses which keep
bouncing back to message-senders as 'Error Message'; a message which seems
to me an uninvited criticism of our binary skills.
        THUS, Alan Filewod's and Harry Lane's address "@vm.uoguelph.ca" have
been deleted (though not the individuals, who have new addresses) -- "U of
Guelph?"  "U of Guelph"?, I've heard of that place somewhere..... something
to do with collective creations in Newfoundland...  Drunk with power, I then
went on to vitiate the TWO addresses [!] Jennifer Harvie was shamelessly
occupying at Glasgow although she's moved on from there.  I've been in
contact with these people so all is o k.
        But, and more to the point, there are a couple of addresses found
unacceptable by the the receiving listservers where I don't know the
individuals involved.  I've deleted Alastair Jarvis, from Dalhousie, who no
longer receives mail at the address given on the Candrama list.  And also
William Lane, who gets his mail at a Compuserve mailbox which has been too
full to hold any more messages for some time.  If anyone knows these
individuals, perhaps they could be made aware of these deletions so they can
resubscribe with more current email addresses.

A shameless plug for the new CanDrama and TRIC site on the internet:
        http://www.lib.unb.ca/UNB/theatre/
now toggles back AND FORTH from the ASTR Newsletter site at UBC.

- - - -
Edward Mullaly,                         Anything worth doing is worth
Department of English, UNB              doing slowly.
mullaly at unb.ca  (506)453-4676              -- Gypsy Rose Lee
FAX 453-5069