ATHE forum

Richard P Knowles rknowles at UOGUELPH.CA
Fri Oct 13 12:03:49 EDT 1995

How about a formal relationship between ATHE and a (possibly
reconfigured) ACTR? ACTR needs to forge new relationships, there's
new(ish) interest in things Canadian at ATHE (and ASTR), and there are
those among Canadian and non-Canadian scholars who find all three
organizations occasionally limiting and/or frustrating. It does seem to
me that an ATHE forum on Canadian Theatre, if it is to be formed, might
at the very least evolve through people (such as ACTR membership)
with demonstrated commitment to the field in Canada. My experience with
American organizations for Canadian Studies hasn't led me to have much
faith, and at ATHE it is very easy for a forum group to become ghettoized.

Cheers,

Ric