just curious

Marlene Moser mmoser at EPAS.UTORONTO.CA
Tue Feb 20 09:51:48 EST 1996

Is there anyone out there who has seen the new plays by Margaret
Hollingsworth and Michel Tremblay?

Yesterday Kate Taylor in the Globe and Mail gave Hollingsworth's play a
devastating review.... called it "still batter".... not even half-baked.
I can't remember the name of the play and I was too quick at recycling my
newspapers ...

Then over my morning coffee I hear on CBC FM that Michel Tremblay's new
play (La Messe Solennelle?) is being unequivocally panned.... "past his
prime" the critics say.

Are the corner stones of Canadian drama crumbling?  Are the critics insane?
Is it just February blahs?

Marlene Moser