current production reviews

Bruce Barton bbarton at BEOTHUK.SWGC.MUN.CA
Tue Jan 16 21:11:56 EST 1996

        Even the boonies can boast.  (Way) Out here at Sir Wilfred Grenfell
College, in the buzzing metropolis of Corner Brook (on Newfoundland's OTHER
coast, at Memorial's OTHER campus) our B.F.A. Theatre crew is cooking up a
couple of productions.  Gyllian Raby is rehearsing--count em'--27 first,
second, and third year students in her own adaptation of Behn's "The Rover."
Meanwhile, our fourth year students are off in Harlow, England, for the
semester, studying, rehearsing, and taking in more London shows than they
can afford.  When they get back they'll end our school year with
Stoppard's "Arcadia."  I'm pushing for a little more 'Canadiana' on the main
stage, but it's an ambitious line-up, nonetheless.

Bruce Barton                                    S.W.G.C.
Dept. of English                                Memorial U of NF