Text for stage carpentry

Adair Redish redisha at POST.QUEENSU.CA
Tue Jan 30 13:51:34 EST 1996

     Hi. Here at Queen's Department of Drama we have revised our curriculum
to include a new 3rd. year course on technical production called 'Applied
Technical Production'. The focus of this course will be on production
techniques at the supervisory level, i.e. head Carpenter, head electrician
etc.

I am looking for a text suitable for theatrical construction techniques,
including deck carpentry and workshop supervision. If it was still in print
I would use _Scenery for the Theatre_ by H. Burris-Meyer and C. Cole.
If any one has other suggestions, I would very much appreciate it.

Listening...............Adair
PS. Paul Carter's _Backstage Handbook_ is already on the list.
Adair Redish - Production Coordinator
Queen's University Department of Drama,
Kignston, Ontario, Canada