FW: CHP action? (fwd)

Kathy Chung kchung at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Mon Jul 22 19:40:27 EDT 1996

more info re petition.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 16:42:00 -0700
From: Hoad Linda <lxh at PSB.NLC-BNC.CA>
To: Multiple recipients of list CANLIT-L <CANLIT-L at INFOSERV.NLC-BNC.CA>
Subject: FW: CHP action?

I suggest that it may very well be technologically feasible, but it is a
waste of everyone's time.  The advice I have received from politicians at
several levels is that petitions have very limited effect.  The impact of
the message has a direct relationship to the amount of effort supplied by
the person trying to change the politician's mind.  The bottom line then is
write, fax or e-mail a message, no matter how short!
Sheila Copps' e-mail address is:  copps_min at pch.gc.ca
Linda Hoad
National Library of Canada
linda.hoad at nlc-bnc.ca

N.B.  These views are my own and do not represent the views of my employer.