Michel St. Denis archival materials

Alex Hawkins jhawkins at GPU.SRV.UALBERTA.CA
Fri Jun 14 13:50:46 EDT 1996

I am trying to identify who, or what archive, might be in possession of
archival materials relating to the life and career of Michel St. Denis.
I'm looking for a specific item relating to his work in Canada.

In May 1950, St. Denis adjudicated the Dominion Drama Festival national
competition in Calgary, Alberta.  At the time, recordings were made of his
adjudications, and recorded on 78 records.  A collection of these
recordings were put together between the final night of the adjuducations
and the banquet the following day, and presented to him at the banquet.

As far as I know, the set of recordings presented to him was the only one
made.  I am trying to locate this set of recordings for my research into
St. Denis' work in Canada, and into theatre in Calgary in the 1940s and
1950s.

If anyone knows who I should contact for any information about these
archival materials, I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks.

Alex Hawkins