English theatre in Montreal

BOURASSA ANDRE G bourassa.andre_g at UQAM.CA
Sun Mar 31 19:34:32 EST 1996

I am not quite acquainted with English theatre in Montreal and evidently
hope to find some information sometimes on Candrama. By chance, I
just read in the _Mirror_ (28 March) about two important events about
which I think we haven't spoken here. I would like to know more about:

- The 25th anniversary of Montreal Black Theatre Workshop. They are
offering, at the Monument-National (to April 14), _Ododo_, a play of
Joseph A. Walker, directed by Fleurette Fernando, set by James Cameron
and music by Jean-Francois Fabiano.

- The premature death of Ian Stephens, author of a piece called _A Weary
State of Grace_, a CD including _Wining Dining Drilling_, a publication
called _Diary of a Trademark_ and an album with _Disappointed a Few
People_. He was working on a one-man show called _No Smoking Corpse_.
The memorial service was to be held on March 29. Could anyone describe
his work? Where does he stand in the "geography" of our imaginary world,
if I can say? Do all these titles belong to theatre?

Andre G. Bourassa   <bourassa.andre_g at uqam.ca>