Angels in T.O.?

Jeffrey Goffin jgoffin at ACS.UCALGARY.CA
Thu Oct 10 13:24:38 EDT 1996

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, GLEN NICHOLS wrote:

> I just read in Macleans that Angels in America Part One has opened in
> Toronto. Has anyone seen it? What are your impressions? Is is worth
> all the fuss the Calgarians are making over it?
> Salut
> Glen

Not everyone in Calgary is "making a fuss" over Angels.  It's turning out
to be one of the biggest hits Alberta Theatre Projects has had.  So far
a couple of MLA's and some journalists have been upset by it.  Big
deal.  Box office alone seems to prove that their response is uninformed
and out of touch.  Apparently there has been some controversy over the
show even in Toronto.  Speaking for the Calgarians who were looking
forward to it all summer, this production certainly lived up to the play's
reputation.  The only bad thing about it is we have to wait until next May
to see the second part on stage.

Jeff Goffin