theatre sets & backdrops

BOURASSA ANDRE G bourassa.andre_g at UQAM.CA
Mon Mar 3 09:30:29 EST 1997

Bonjour!
There is a study on drop painters in Quebec: Renee Noiseux-Gurik, "A la
recherche des peintres sceniques du Monument-National", _Les Cahiers de la
Societe d'histoire du theatre du Quebec_, no 1, septembre 1990, p. 5-23.
An issue of _L'Annuaire theatral_, "La scenographie au Quebec", no 11,
printemps 1992, ill. A memoir for the Master's degree by Mario Bouchard,
UQAM, has been published: _L'Art de la scene: passe-present. Scenographie
quebecoise, 1940-1990_, Montreal, Association des professionnels des arts
de la scene, 1991, ill. A memoir for Master's degree by Philip Dombowsky,
Cordordia, _Emmanuel Briffa Revisited_, 1995. References and historical
informations on drop painters having worked on the "Main" in Andre G.
Bourassa and Jean-Marc Larrue, _Les Nuits de la "Main". Cent ans de
spectacles sur le boulevard Saint-Laurent (1891-1991)_, Montreal, Vlb Ed.,
1993, ill. (about Alexandre Bercovitch, Henri Bousquet, Robert LaPalme,
Alfred Pellan, Toussaint-Xenophon Renaud, Joseph Steinberg....).
About what has been preserved and should be exposed in the future Musee
des arts de la scene, see Michel Vais, president of a comittee which
worked for many years on the subject and has presented a memoir to the
Secretary of State, with a list of the most important artefacts that have
been recorded. I told Shawn privately about this.
Sorry for the bad quality of my English...
Andre G. Bourassa.