theatre sets & backdrops

Richard Plant rplant at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Mon Mar 3 07:19:34 EST 1997

Hello Shawn:

To my knowledge no study of drops has been done in English Canada; I
beleive the same is true for theatre in French both inside and outside
Quebec. However, there are several people who know quite a lot about the
area, but notably, Patrick O'Neill at Mount Saint Vincent University.
Denis Salter at McGill; MAry E Smith at Univ of New Brunswick (Saint
John). A student in my graduate class in Toronto, Audrey Portanier, is
currently doing research on a theatre in Lunenburg. Jean MArc LArrue and
Andre G Bourassa would also be able to shed light on the subject. In all
modesty, even I know something -- and it's an area I have long been
interested in (as is the case for thoseothers I mentioned).

I am writing this as a quick reply. If I spent a bit of time thinking
about it, I might come up with others. In fact, I expect Stephen Johnson
at McMaster could assist.

Richard Plant