situation at Carleton

Moira Day moiraday at DUKE.USASK.CA
Mon Nov 24 13:29:48 EST 1997

Dear Shawn
        I completely agree with you. I have several colleagues at Carleton
- very fine scholars who have served their university well at home and
abroad for many years - whose careers are now in jeopardy because of this
move. And to the extent that language courses often include the teaching
of drama it DOES have an impact on us given our expanded mandate. And if
we remain silent while they get picked off, our turn will be next.
        The problem is that I don't see the forwarded message here - or is
that just my machine?

Moira