Ideas: "PLaying the Regent" (fwd)

Kathy Chung kchung at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Sun Oct 12 20:45:05 EDT 1997

Hello All,

Thought those of you interested in Ontario theatre history might like to
know the following.  I saw this in the CBC "Ideas" Fall 1997 programme
guide.  I believe the programme had some assistance from resources from
_Later Stages_ ed. by Ann Saddlemyer and Richard Plant.

        9:05pm Thursday 30 October, CBC "Radio One"
        IDEAS programme: Playing at the Regent

        "Writer Timothy Findley visits an old
        theatre in the town of Picton, Ontario.
        He goes backstage, encounters ghosts,
        and talks to the townspeople who
        remember vaudeville acts, touring
        stage companies and live concerts
        at the Regent."

That's it.  Don't say you weren't warned!

Cheers, Kathy.