CALL FOR PAPERS (fwd)

Kathy Chung kchung at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Wed Jul 29 09:22:34 EDT 1998

Hi.

I'm reassured that "literatures" includes drama and theatre.  :-)

Cheers, --- Kathy.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 15:39:47 +0000
From: Steve Cloutier <STEVE.CLOUTIER at NENE.AC.UK>
To: CANLIT-L at INFOSERV.NLC-BNC.CA
Subject: CALL FOR PAPERS

CALL FOR PAPERS:
PRECURSORS AND AFTERMATHS: Literatures in English, 1914-1945.

Precursors and Aftermaths is a new international journal affiliated with The
Space Between, an international, academic society dedicated to the study of
literature and culture between 1914-1945.  The journal itself focuses on any
literature originally published in English between 1914-1945 and seeks to
provide a forum for the discussion and research of overlooked texts and
understudied authors, as well as new approaches to canonical texts.  We welcome
papers on any aspect of refiguring literature in English which illuminates the
period from 1914-1945.  We envision 4-5 articles per issue which will be
accompanied by at least 12 reviews.  All articles will go through a referee
process, and each author will receive an anonymous referee report.

Papers presented at The Space Between annual conference (SUNY-New Paltz,
October 29-31) will also be considered for publication.

The journal is edited by Dr. Steven Trout (Fort Hays State University, Kansas,
USA) and Stephen Cloutier (Nene University College Northampton, UK).  Each
author should send three copies of their manuscripts.

In North America send manuscripts to:

Dr Steven Trout
Department of English
Fort Hays State University