Working in the US

Lisbie Rae raeme at MCMAIL.CIS.MCMASTER.CA
Mon May 11 10:30:05 EDT 1998

I'm interested in corresponding with anyone with a PhD in Drama who has
recently obtained a work permit to work in the US.  I will be in Florida
for the next two years, and have a tentative offer of employment from a
college there to teach two courses.  However, the Dean is hesitant to hire
from outside the US, having gone through problems once before with hiring
a director from Europe.

Can anyone put me in touch with colleagues who can say how easy it was to
get a work permit at the border, once they had an offer of employment?
If I can convince him that it's a simple process, I might be able to allay
his fears.

Lisbie Rae
R.R. 3  Puslinch
Ontario N0B 2J0