Arthur Kavanaugh Deagon & Grace Elisha Sauvin

Alice Campbell acampbell at NCONLINE.COM
Tue May 26 13:00:30 EDT 1998

Hi one & all!

I am new to this group and if my query doesn't follow the rules just let
me know.

I'm looking for any & all information on actor Arthur Kavanaugh Deagon
and his wife Grace Elisha Sauvin, also known as Gracie Grey.

Arthur was born in Seaforth, Ontario some time around 1880 or before.
He appeared on stages all over Canada & the US.  I have found one
reference to him on the web as being in the stage production of Rose
Marie which opened September 2, 1924 at the Imperial Theatre starring
Dennis King and Mary Ellis, with Arthur Deagon as the Mountie, Sgt.
Malone. (See  http://www.dandugan.com/maytime/f-rosema.html )

I am assuming/guessing that this is the same theatre that has now been
refurbished and is operating in St. John, NB.  They, however, do not
have any records that far back.

Gracie is said to have been a "French dancer", though I am not really
sure just what a French dancer did.

At some time after 1910 when they had their last child, Gracie & the
children lived at Freeport, Long Island, and Arthur continued his
career.

Arthur & Gracie are my brother-in-law's grandparents. He too was in the
theatre, teaching drama at Guilford College in Greensboro, North
Carolina. (Dr. Donald David Deagon)

Any information you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Alice Campbell