National coverage

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Sat Nov 14 19:46:29 EST 1998

Howard Beye <beyehl at ULETH.CA> wrote:

<paycheck of Phantom if it were available but
what i want to do is theatre that challenges, enlivens, disputes,
contradicts, complains, explains, destabalizes, attracts, and causes
heart attacks.>
Indeed. But don't get me wrong. I have nothing against Phantom or even
coverage of Phantom. But I am soooooo tired that whenever Colm Wilkinson
farts, we get a national profile of it when there are literally hundreds of
talented Canadians behind Phantom (besides Garth and his woes) that merit a
little of that national spotlight. (God, this sounds a little too much like
Mother and Apple Pie)

> if the Globe and Mail or the
new National Post want to advertise themselves as National Newspapers
then they should shit or get of the pot.<
Well, step one: don't buy them. I don't anymore. I go to the WWW now. Step
two: Tell your friends not to buy nor to advertise in the "National"
dailies. We may not be a huge force, theatre, but we do have some dollars
to spend on such things.

And as for writing them? That's probably the biggest waste of time of all.
Have you ever sent e-mail to one of them? Have you evr gotten an answer?
(Lucky you...)

Gaetan Charlebois
http://www.canadiantheatre.com