National coverage i.e Moncton

Richard Plant rplant at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Sun Nov 15 15:48:08 EST 1998

And as a person who spends much of his time on the road between "THE
CENTRE" and the "MARGIN" (Kingston is a kind of margin), and who has a
huge interest in what is happening in theatre off his beaten trail, I'd
welcome news of theatre in other places.

In return, i could let you know that a new translation of Malade
Imaginaire, directed and trans by playwright Maurice Breslow, opened in
kingston on Thurs. I see it this week. Craig Walker's "Theatre Kingston"
just did a very solid, intelligent production of
"Aunt Dan and Lemon" and is now in rehearsal for its next offering. Greg
Wanless's Thousand Islands Playhouse just closed its summer season with
"Educating Rita."

But maybe many of you would be interested to know of the reading of "Eight
Men Speak" as a fund-raiser for "This MAgazine" being held at Tarragon
Theatre tomorrow evening. Susan Coyne, Steve Cumyn and other well-known
performers are reading. That's in Toronto, though, so maybe it doesn't
count.

Inexpressible Island at Berkely St is of exceptionally high quality and
would undoubtedly be welcome anywhere, as was the recent production of
"Insomnia."

Richard Plant
Dept of Drama, Queen's University
and