Nov 16-Encyclopedia News

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Mon Nov 16 02:09:55 EST 1998

Hello All

The traffic is increasing at a mad rate and is not only coming from all
over the country but from over a dozen others as well including Korea,
Israel, Taiwan, Australia, Sweden, Spain and the UK. The e-mail shows that
people outside of this country want to know about this country's theatre. A
critic in Lisbon asked me for more information, for instance, on Krizanc's
Tamara (which is being staged there). I am glowing with the reaction and
everyone who has helped me can take credit for any success the site has.

New Feature:
After another heated discussion - on the lack of national coverage of
regional theatre (particularly by the Globe and Mail and the new National
Post) - and after Frank Moher put a flea in my ear about how the Internet
could solve this problem, I launched a new feature of the site called
"Heavenly Voices" where ANYONE could post theatre news from their regions.
It'll at least get the noise heard to some small extent and will be an
interesting place to visit. But here's interesting (related) news:
according to my site statistics provider, one of the visitors to the site
came from a very interesting domain: nationalpost.com. Let's shout. (Maybe
we'll scare them a little.)

New Profiles:
Moodie, Andrew (Actor/Playwright)
Papineau, Francois (Actor)
Clark, Patrick (Designer)
Stanley Theatre du Maurier Stage (Venue)
Dean, Charlotte (Costume Designer)

Updates:
Fleury, K.; Soiree des Masques; Motel Helene; Sources; Archambault, F.;
Tepperman, S.; Barbeau, J.; Bienvenue, Y.; Blais, MC; "L'Execution";
"Homeward Bound";  Hewgill, R. (death); Pickford, M.; Laxdal, V; "Karla and
Grif"; Bravos and Boos; Gay and Lesbian Theatre ; Arts Club Theatre;
Vancouver Playhouse; Designing; Moher, F.; Shaw Festival

Cheers.

Gaetan L. Charlebois (editor)
http://www.canadiantheatre.com