Encyclopedia news

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Mon Nov 30 22:12:31 EST 1998

Hello all

We passed the 1060 mark, this week, in the number of profiles now contained
in The Encyclopedia. I have set the official launch date for January 12,
1998. At this time a major mailing will be sent out by e- and surface mail
and by fax. If anyone would like to suggest someone to add to the
mailing-list, please feel free to do so.

I want to draw your attention to one new profile in particular, this week:
Arthur Deagon. It was his family who revealed him to me and the pile of
news clippings they sent was a joy to read. I'm also proud to say his name
does not appear in any other encyclopedia-style publication in Canada or
the US.

Meanwhile, traffic for the second month of the site has increased 30% over
the first month; that is, 1748 hits over 1350. (I am still doing battle
with a traffic-report system that refuses to count unique visitors
properly...) Traffic is coming, already, from over 12 universities and
colleges across this country and from several from 20 or so countries
abroad.

New Profiles:
Deagon, Arthur (Actor, c.1873-1927)
McCamus, Tom (Actor)
Waxman, Al (Actor)
Peacock, Lucy (Actor)
Seatle, Dixie (Actor)
Campbell, Benedict (Actor)
Chioran, Juan (Actor)
Cimolino, Antoni (Director)
Ottawa Little Theatre (venue/company)

Updates:
Dale, C.; Women in View; Feminist Theatre; Wood, J.; Maraden, M.; D'Aquila,
D.; Cadeau, L.; Campbell, D.; Bedford, B.; Donkin, E.; Collins, P.;
Leblanc, D.; Theatre Francais de Toronto; Applebaum, L.; Ouimette, S.;
Dominion Drama Festival; Awards; Lord Bessborough; Mitchell, K.; Proteau,
R.; Fox, MJ; Sources; Ontario; Buddies in Bad Times, Alberta; British
Columbia; Theatre Network; Citadel Theatre; Mermaid Theatre; New Brunswick;
Imperial Theatre; Prince Edward Island; Newfoundland; Stratford Festival;
Arts Club Theatre; Cavendish, N.; Moore, M.; Pelletier, G.; Pelletier, D.;
Vingt jours de theatre a risque

Cheers.

Gaetan Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the WWW)
http://www.canadiantheatre.com