Encyclopedia news

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Mon Nov 23 18:57:14 EST 1998

Hello All

Fairly quiet week this week, with lots of aspects of the Encyclopedia going
off in all directions and me trying to maintain some balance here in the
middle. Don't forget the Heavenly Voices section for announcing your news;
the traffic is growing like crazy on that particular feature.

For your enjoyment, I am including a "Letter of the Week":

"I would like to receive information about this story, (Komagata Maru
Incident) I heard it was excellant except I haven't found it anywhere in
schools or at public
libraries. This is why I decided to have a little search on the net. Can you
send me complete information about setting and themes and what happens in
the story? Like a full book report type of thing just so I know what goes
on. I don't really like to read stories except for when they are in 'book
report' style. If you can do that, it would be great. I would like an answer
as soon as possible so I can stop my search on the net and other various
places."

New Profiles:
Shakespeare by the Sea (Company)
Mulgrave Road Theatre (Company)
Rose, Richard (Director)
The Blackmore Brothers (set-builders)
"Riot" (Play, Andrew Moodie)

Updates:
Nova Scotia; Shakespeare; Ondaatje, M.; Davies, R.; Laxdal, V.; Young, D.;
Findley, T.; Hayes, E.; "Eddy/In The Ring"; Dalpe, JM; Krizanc, J;
"Prague"; "The Collected Works of Billy The Kid"; Hill, H.; Neptune
Theatre; Moodie, A.; Coleman, L.; Factory Theatre; Dale, C.; Beaulne, M.;
Theatre Populaire d'Acadie; Theatre de la Vieille 17; Sources; Black
Theatre Workshop; Archambault, F.; Theatre Petit a Petit (becomes PaP);
Festivals; Vingt jours de theatre a risque

Cheers.

Gaetan Charlebois (Editor, Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the WWW)
http://www.canadiantheatre.com