bens fifty cent burritos

Howard Beye beyehl at ULETH.CA
Sun Sep 20 02:35:16 EDT 1998

Dear Canadian Theatre people
    I guess my last posting wasn't very P.C.!!! Theatre is not supposed
to be politically correct it is, in my view, at its finest when it is
challenging the status quo. Can anyone give me a breakdown on the
demographics of this list vis-a-vis Theatre Academics, Students, Support
staff and working professionals of any denomination. I am happy to
acknowledge fault here but the very name of this list to me is a kind of
promise: Candrama = Canadian Drama and I just don't feel that the true
breadth and depth of Canadian drama is represented by this list at the
present time. Has anyone done any hard copy marketing of the list to the
Theatre companies across Canada or perhaps to the various actors unions
etcetera. My interest is to find out what is going on professionally in
Canada as my goal upon leaving University is to try and work
professionally. At the moment in Canada there are about two tenure track
positions teaching theatre and I would need to have a Ph.D of course and
heh that is six long years away. I am sure there are more sessional and
term positions but they require the M.A and thats two long years away.
So if there is no interest on the part of the subscribers of this list
in what is going on in the realm of professional theatre then I am in
the wrong list and will be very appreciative of any info about lists
that serve the professional actors and directors.
Not out yet
Yours Howard