Encyclopedia News/April 18

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Sun Apr 18 19:18:10 EDT 1999

Hello All

Well someone finally cracked the Thea-Tricks code. After six weeks we have a
winner and it's Chris Plagnol of BC. Huzzah! And the winner gets a lovely
Canoe wrist watch. In the future, winners will get a Canoe Prize pack
consisting of a t-shirt, key chain, mouse pad and thermal coffee mug. Not a
bad take for having a little fun and learning a) about Canadian theatre and
b) how my skewed mind works in composing these questions.

Meanwhile, I am glad that more and more of you are cutting the slats on the
bushel and letting the light out. I wish more of you would consider
self-nomination.

The Encyclopedia has really lucked in with Canoe; their technical help is
superb (ie: they don't giggle when I pose a profoundly dumb question), they
keep the updates updated at a brisk clip and they have now provided a prize
pack to be given in the Thea-Tricks quiz. So all in all, the move seems
wise.

I am still looking for major suggestions on the direction the encyclopedia
is taking; I'm not talking about Canoe but about the project's worth in the
keeping of the story (so to speak). Apparently, academia is utterly
delighted with the whole thing as no one has spoken up. (If I was prone to
such things there would be an little e-icon like this - ;-) - here...if I
was prone to such things...)

New profiles:
Chambers, Ron (Playwright)
Lambert, Ann (Playwright)
"Paradise by the River" (Play, Vittorio Rossi)

Updates:
Reviews; Thea-Tricks; Heavenly Voices; Fennario, D.; Ferron, J.; Findley,
T.; Fineberg, L.; Freeman, D.; "Creeps"; "Battering Ram"; "You're Going to
Be Alright, Jamie Boy"; French, D.; "Of the Fields, Lately"; Gass, K.;
Garneau, M.; Mendelsohn, H.; Dauphinais, M.; Prairie, L.; Castel, F.;
Bernard, P.; Girard, B.; Barbeau, F.; Lepine, D.; Manitoba; Ringwood, GP;
Prairie Theatre Exchange; Fringe Movement; Germain, JC; Glass, JM; Graves,
W.; Gurik, R.; Tager, A.; Miller, J.; Rosen, S.; Theatre de la Dame de
Coeur; Hendry, T.; Herbert, J.; Hollingsworth, Michael; Languirand, J.;
Lepage, Roland; Maillet, A.; Tremblay, G.; Gravel, R.; Mitchell, K.; Moore,
M.; Pollock, S.; Ravel, A.; Pomrenski, J.; Rossi, V.; Martin, A.; Pinsent,
G.; Aykroyd, D.; Grimwood, F.; Barbeau, F.; Black Theatre Workshop;
Sherwood, A.; Mouawad, W.; Verdecchia, G.; de Vasconcelos, P.; Pigeons
International; Christodoulou, S.; Haentjens, B.; Vermeulen, B.; Children's
Theatre; Reaney, J.; Ritter, E.; Rosen, S.; Ryga, G.; Slade, B.; "Same Time,
Next Year"; "Les Belles-soeurs"; Voaden, H.; Walker, G.F.

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com or
http://cantheatre.canoe.ca
If you want to join the Encyclopedia's mailing list (and get information
before anyone else as well as the Monday Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey),
simply send an e-mail to charlebois at voir.ca with the subject heading
"Mailing list"