Archives of Ontario Microfilm Interloan Catalogue (fwd)

Kathy Chung kchung at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Mon Apr 19 07:10:18 EDT 1999

Hello All,

My apologies for any cross-postings...  Regardless of what your field or
research interest is, if you are doing any Ontario related historical
research, I thought the notice below might be helpful to you.

Cheers, --- Kathy.
---------------------------------------
Kathy Chung  <kchung at chass.utoronto.ca>
Graduate Centre for Study of Drama
University of Toronto, CANADA

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:31:09 -0400
From: ICCS/CIEC <contact at iccs-ciec.ca>
To: canadianist-list at synapse.net
Subject: Archives of Ontario Microfilm Interloan Catalogue

New Archives of Ontario Microfilm Interloan Catalogue

The Archives of Ontario is pleased to announce the release of the
updated microfilm interloan catalogue.  Unlike earlier catalogues, the
new catalogue is online, educational and interactive.

Those familiar with our previous catalogues will notice that not all of
our interloan microfilm is currently listed. Rather than delaying the
release of the catalogue we wanted to ensure that our most popular
holdings (including Ontario Vital Statistics) were up to date and
available now.  We will be updating the catalogue regularly as well as
adding new microfilm to our interloan holdings in the coming months.

You will find the catalogue under Using Archive's Records - Microfilm
Interloan Service at  http://www.gov.on.ca/MCZCR/archives

In particular the main English page can be found at:
http://www.gov.on.ca/MCZCR/archives/english/interloan/index.html

And the main French page can be found at:
http://www.gov.on.ca/MCZCR/archives/french/interloan/index.html

Important Note: The Microfilm Interloan Service allows you to borrow
microfilmed archival records through a library or other institution that
participates in the interlibrary loan system. This international system
of cooperative agreements allows one institution to borrow material from
another participating institution. Ask at your local library about their
interlibrary loan policies. Researchers cannot order the microfilm
directly from the Archives they must go through their local library or
other participating institution.

Paul Thomas
Supervisor, Information Services
Archives of Ontario.