On the wha? -Reply

Lee Ramsay lramsay at GWMAIL.MTRL.TORONTO.ON.CA
Tue Aug 3 14:23:49 EDT 1999

According to our production index, there were also 3
productions in the 1970s.  There may have been others,
before and after, but these are the ones we know about:

University Alumnae Theatre - Oct. 1971
Performing Arts Company at Central Library Theatre - March
1975; and at Hamilton Place -  May 1975
Toronto Truck Theatre - January 1976

Lee Ramsay
Performing Arts Centre
Toronto Reference Library

>>> Gaetan Charlebois <blajeune at TOTAL.NET> 08/02/99
06:45pm >>>
What is a body to do but throw ones hands up in despair.

Watching a rerun of On The Arts on Newsworld and they
were talking about the
return of classic theatre and mentioned Neville's production
of Strindberg's
Creditors. "The Canadian premiere of..." more specifically.
Please, any
journalists out there: because it is in a press release does
not mean it's
true. La Veillee, a very good professional house in Montreal,
staged it four
years ago.

Is it just me or are the writers/journalists/commentators on
theatre at CBC
generally in search of a clue?

Cheers.

Gaetan Charlebois